Tuesday 24 April 2012

Wants and random hair chatter


I have injured my right shoulder somehow. It’s very mysterious! I woke up to being unable to lift my right arm upwards and back and unable to rotate my hand inwards while stretching out (Aka the pouring motion I did with my milk for my cereal)
Of course my question is: How the hell did I manage to do that in my sleep??

Since I’m dominantly right-handed this means no gym and no deep conditioning for me today, yikes!

Window-shopping to cheer myself up?
   
    
Pretty Anntoinet’s has two new loc covers that I find myself eyeing. The olive would be a horrible choice for my colouring, but the solid black one…? Hmm.
     
    
New beanies too in burgundy and grey. I do wear a lot of grey so maybe I should treat myself to one of those too?
    
     
Maybe a few headbands to go with that?
     
   
I tried to help with a Flexi 8 sizing question on Facebook and found myself thinking about getting a few extra large ones to hold my Figure 8 buns. My megaflexies are really too big to hold the bun as stabile as I would like.
Of course my problem with the Flexies is (Other than the fact that they have been really rude to me) that it’s hard to judge the quality of the beads online. For instance, when looking at the XL page they have two clips right next to each other that I have previously owned or currently owned: The Native inspired filigree with jade heart beadwork.
    
   
and the Lovely circle stone-set in emerald green with matching bead. 
    
   
Online they look about the same but in real life there is a huge difference. The second one looks completely cheap and almost childlike with plastic beads where the first one has stones that look like real, actual gemstones and not just plastic.
The prettiest Flexi I’ve ever encountered is the Intricate soaring butterfly with purple-iris metallic beads but that one really doesn’t look impressive online either. In real life it has a metallic kind of sheen on the beads that looks really stunning.


Its fun to window shop… However think my next hairtool purchase will be at Quattro
I never got a hair fork to work for me before, but I have the feeling that the skinny, yet strong Ron Quattro forks might do the trick for me. Ordinary forks are too thick and don’t offer the flexibility I need to force two “sticks” through my buns while remaining parallel.
Besides, I really need more Hubby Safe ™ hair tools! When I say Hubby Safe ™ I mean something my moronic hubby won’t poke himself in the face or eyes on. He has the memory of a moth when it comes to remembering I have sharp objects in my hair.
    
     








No comments:

Post a Comment