Wednesday 2 May 2012

The humpback disguise


Say you’re in the middle of doing a heavy oiling because today is a day where you’re going nowhere. Suddenly you realise you’re out of something that you need.

What do you do? 
Your hair is in a Nodosaurus (Ankylosaurus without the club)
Do you undo your heavy oiling so you can pass for normal out in public or do you try to disguise the weird lump down your back?

Allow me to introduce the humpback disguise!

The Nodosaurus in action: Hair marinating in 2/3 olive oil and 1/3 argan. The braid has been hooked up into itself before being bagged and bandaged.
(Glasses= Igor did not plan to leave the house today)


Now find a nice, tight shirt and slip it over to compress the stump to your back.

     
Next slip your baggiest sweater over (Stealing one from your guy might be a good idea). Go for a hoodie if the bag and/or bandage are going up high.


And ta-dah, no one will be the wiser!

4 comments:

  1. I loved this post. Your witty writing and clever ideas never fail to put a smile on my face :) But really, this is a great idea, especially for us gals who need disguises now and then ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very clever of you. The only thing that concerns me is your braid being "hooked up into itself". Do you mean you fold it onto itself or something else? If you do mean folding it up into itself then I wonder if that is going to stress or damage your hair fibres where that bend occurs.

    Anyway, great idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohtawen: Gosh, thank you!! Now that put a smile on MY face! *Happy sigh*

    23rdRune: I’m planning to make a tutorial for this really soon so you can see exactly what I mean then. Don’t worry about damage though; You cant damage your hair by bending or twisting the hair unless you twist it around itself and keep twisting and pulling until the hairs snap. Any “normal” bending and twisting done for braiding and up dos aren’t damaging at all. Using sharp tools, drying sprays or heat does though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reassuring me Lady Igor. I have my hair in a Nodosaurus right now. I used a knee length sock because I didn't have any bandage.

    One drawback: My dogs think the Nodo is a toy and keep jumping up trying to grab it, LOL. I have to go and find a baggy sweater to tuck it into......

    ReplyDelete