Saturday 22 September 2012

Reviews



I’ve been working on my very first “real” product reviews. I need to figure out my personal style. What I think is important to mention. What I should focus on and evaluate.
I was thinking of using the following points:

Looks and image
Because, well, I think it’s kind of funny to see what they use to hook customers. Is it the “scientific” Complexrepair Fast-acting Keratineconcrete Hair Mend Molecules (Patent pending) or is it the extract of African Silky Angel Wing Hibiscus petals they use to lure the consumers with?
Scent
Because everyone wants yummy-smelling hair!
Touch
How does the product feel on your hands? Light or greasy? Thick or runny?
Rinse ability
How easy or hard the product is to clean off your hands will give you a good idea of how easy or hard it is to rinse out of your hair. This can also give you a pointer to what kind of silicones you have in the product (This is a useful thing to know if you can’t find an ingredient list) if they are water soluble or not.
Usability
How is it in my hair? Difficult to “work”? Does it make my hair soft and shiny?
Price and value
Simple math of the price versus the amount of product. Good for comparing to the end-result.
Ingredients
Ingredient list if I can find one.
Conclusion
Because… Conclusion!

I was thinking of using a “scale” of 
Love!

 Thumbs up

 Meh. 

 No thanks

 GTFO. 

3 comments:

  1. For me, it's all about if it works. I would start with any review on what it claims to do , and what it did for your hair etc. Then, you can go into specifics on touch/smell/feel etc.

    Hope you are feeling better! I saw some sunsilk spray on conditioner, but it was more for heat protection. If you tell me what product you are looking for, they seem to be clearing out sunsilk in my area, so everything is on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well yea, but since almost all products seems to promise to repair and moisturise and add crazy shine, they would all fail before even using them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to „order“ some Sunsilk from you but I really don’t have the money ATM :)

    ReplyDelete