Tuesday 15 September 2015

Hair inspiration



I liked this idea. The reason the ordinary cinnamon bun doesn't work for me, is that the beginning is too slippery. I need something to "anchor" it and twist the tail around. Maybe a simple knot like this would do the trick.

The initial "knot" caused me a bit of problems. It was difficult to get it smooth and firm. I also had some escaping hairs I had to tuck into the bun later.


Hubby's reaction was "It looks just like some normal bun?".
Yes. Exactly.
It looks like some plain, discrete, anonymous bun. I like that.
I haven't been able to do a regular cinnamon bun for many years because it slips and fails within minutes. This thing is the closest to a regular cinnamon bun I can do with my length.


I wonder how it would look if I partially braided (Like, after making the knot) this or fully braided (Braid first, then loop around) this?

Would I do this style again?
Yes.

I'm going to need a bit of training to get the initial "knot" smooth and stable, but this has great potential.

7 comments:

  1. I tried this and failed. Not sure what I did wrong--likely I didn't grasp the ends or tie it strong enough---I think there are a few youtube videos for me to watch to attempt again, but it's a cool idea--there are a few other ones similar to this on Pinterest---it's a triple knot then under tuck--loved the look, but can't figure out that one either....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After I had crossed the two sections, I spent quite a bit of time just tugging the sections from different angles, then combing it and repeating. I think it's one of those where you have to be super careful with your "base". Oh, and my hair was damp when I did it. No way I could have done it on dry! Haha.

      Delete
  2. Simple and elegant. ♥ And hopefully you will have success with your neck irritation/breakout which I'm sure is annoying as could be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It seems to be better now. I think my skin likes the new products I received!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for posting this, Igor. I really liked the idea of this hairstyle. I can do a cinnamon bun but I have to secure it with pins and whatnot to give it "staying power"... But this simple bun could really replace the cinnamon bun :) I've tried this bun the other day. I secured it with a fork and it held for so long! I was pleasantly surprised. This style is definitely a keeper for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! It's strange how the simple cinnamon bun has such a narrow range of length to thickness ratio where it works =/ Outside of that and you need to pin it half to death and risk headaches... But yea, this is definitely a keeper :)

      Delete
    2. To be honest, the cinnamon bun never worked so well for me. I've had more success with other buns, especially those with a lock mechanism, so to speak.

      And this bun came in the right moment for me :) I really needed another basic updo, because a cinnamon bun secured with a ton of pins that one needs five minutes to dismantle is everything but basic ;)

      Delete