Monday 26 October 2015

Project Paranda part 3

Okay, before I start typing a lot, I will let the picture speak for itself.


Cringe.


Okay, so that didn't work.

It leads me to some conclusions though...

1) The advantage of a traditional Paranda is that you can cut it off where ever it fits you. You don't have to attach and braid it with a lot of precision. Something like this needs to be added and braided with precision, or it will look like crap. Despite the care I took in where I put the elastic and cut off the fibers, it just didn't work.

2) I still think the idea of a four-"legged" Paranda is an idea to keep developing on. If you want to add some fibers for fun or a splash of colour and not to add bulk to your braid, I think it would be a good idea. It would offer the playfulness or contrast before countering the natural taper.

3) I see why the traditional Paranda is popular: The way it's added to the braid makes it very sturdy. No risk of it working itself out of the braid in the beginning when it's secured with three legs the way it is.

4) The longer Paranda, the (Probably) better.

5) I like the idea of artificial hair fibers instead of yarn. But where do I find any long enough for me? The obvious solution is to get an artificial super long wig and turn it into long accent braids...
Something like this, maybe? Depending on where they measure the length, it would be almost as long as my own hair.

Anyways, project Paranda was a fail so far. But even "Okay, that didn't work" is a legitimate result and it has made me come to some useful conclusions.
I will re-try this again later.


2 comments:

  1. Suggestion: Maybe try it with yarn just to get an idea of how it feels, how you like it etc. Then, from there, go for the synthetic hair?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea :)
      Actually I've been thinking of getting one of those brightly coloured (Preferably more than one colour) super long cosplay wigs like in the link and then cutting it in half: Keeping the bangs and some parts in the front for adding into an updo. That way I get the bangs and some fun artificial colour to mess around with... It will probably end up as "another thing I never use" though....

      Delete