Friday 4 December 2015

Thoughts on: Length goals 2016

Original post

It's pretty obvious to me that you'd love to hit floor length one time, if only to claim the honor. But frustratingly I don't think you have the genes to do it (and of course you're tall which makes it even more difficult based on the dimension). It's not like you're neglecting or damaging your hair now, so it's difficult to imagine any regimen that would give you the additional length.
Of course there's always that chance encounter with the wizard who could transform the length overnight... ;-)
I'm not sure if you're taking votes but mine would be for option #3: perfect hair at a still very long length and essentially full volume, no taper.
In any event, enjoy it! 
indi500fan
I guess it's also a "supposed to" kind of thing. For as long as I can remember, I've been aiming for more length. Even when I trimmed a lot to get rid of layers, and I ended up with very little overall growth for long, long times, the end purpose was still to gain more length.
I guess it takes some getting used to to not want more length. I can't quite wrap my mind around it.
But yea, you're right: If I could do it, I would have done it by now.

Hmmm. I guess you need to ask yourself if the goal of getting to floor length is something your really want or if you want easier to manage (ie mid thigh). I think once you decide what you want, then you will be able to figure out what to do. I know for me, I abandoned the super super long hair goal when I got very active with horses. It was just too hard to manage. I'm at tailbone and may go shorter as it's just easier to deal with and looks better---but those are my own choices. The fact you're not seeing any new length is likely just the shorter pieces getting longer and thickening your ends. I remember that phase all too well. Though I sometimes felt my hair went into a 'slumber', then all of a sudden, grew over night. Now I can even see that with my gray growing in ;) Good luck with whatever you decide :D 
Darkhorse

It's funny, I don't think I've ever considered if I really wanted floor length. It seemed like one of those things you "should" just wish for if you were on a hair forum. Particularly LHC was awful at this. It was like I was held as this bright and shiny example for what you really could do with Scandinavian hair, so of course I should want floor length.
Huh.
I guess I don't really want it that much. Even if I could.
Okay, my vote might be unpopular, but I'd go with trimming back. Just from my personal experience, I can say, that I found it pretty cool to have classic length, but it was horribly time consuming, as I need to wash almost daily (eczema) and my hair tangles like hell. But it looked perfect, but I didn't really enjoy it, the fun of watching and pampering it while growing wasn't in it anymore. Then, one day I had enough and cut back to hip-ish/tailbone and loved my hair again. Easier to handle. Since then, I've cut back from hip to waist several times, as I've been becoming a lot more active in sports and it's easier for me that way. I go to the gym in the morning, shower there and then go directly to work, so I can spend an age drying to dry the hair. I figure I rather have a bit shorter hair and I can look professional with dry hair than having the super length I once had. I can always grow it back. So, sorry for the rambling above :-D I'm sure that once you decide how to proceed you'll be happy with your new routine! 
Buchfreundin
Your "rambling" made a lot of sense :) And you seem to be in the majority here!
I don't really have any limitations with scalp issues or activities, so maybe I should just go with what length I need to do my beloved updos?
Hair does grow back.
I think that the option 3 is the best for you. If you enjoyed it, you 'll like it. Would you trim yourself or go to the hairdresser? It's a problem if he cuts more... think about it!! 
Anonymous

Isn't that the truth? So simple, so true :) I should just do what I enjoyed the most. 
I'll make Hubby cut it for me. I trust him with my hair... Actually I just asked his opinion on my options and said I'm fairly sure I want to gradually trim it back. He then offered to cut it back to mid thigh right away, but I think I'd rather do it gradually. Keep the ends fresh and healthy, you know?
My vote: Option #1: The natural taper of the ends is very pretty. Only change that if it is lowering your quality of life somehow, such as being very hard to comb. 
LEE
Thank you :) I do think it looked pretty. Unfortunately I never wear it down because of my total lack of cowlick or any direction to my hair growth, haha. 
My hair care was a lot easier when it was mid thigh, and that made it much more fun... 

4 comments:

  1. It's fun to decide though isn't it? I mean, hair is a fun thing in that when growing it, you can think 'what will I do now?'. And once you are happy with your decision, then you'll be happy with the result. I'd love it if hubby videoed the trim, but I doubt he could video and trim at the same time ;) Unless someone else could trim and another could video. If mid thigh was the easiest for your styles and in general, then that's probably your best choice. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Posting again to make sure my picture is now showing....;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Igor, I'm the anonymous who told you that you should choose option 3 because you liked it before!! My name is Adrian and I'm from Argentina, it's a good decision asking your hubby as you said, I trim my girlfriend's hair too. Well, that advice to do everything you like, is my story, the last time, on june, I cut 32 cm, she had hair on tailbone length, and went to armpit length. That was a lot!!! But, we miss her hair at tailbone so we are growing it, together <3

    But on the moment of the cut, instead I was very sad because I really love her long hair, I felt very well because she was happy!! So, missing it both of us, is growing to that length and maybe, we will try to grow to classic length, or mid-thigh length!!!

    Good luck Igor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first photo using Etude House Hair Tools Bangs Cut Kit, is that the length you are thinking of?

    ReplyDelete