Wednesday 10 February 2016

L'Oreal Everpure lasting moisture leave-in creme

H&M had these on the outlet-shelf.
So I bought all of them.


So, the name itself is pretty promising: Ever pure.
Sounds nice. Or slightly pretentious. Not entirely sure.

It brags of "No sulphates"! But hides a small * behind it. On the back of the product, it then adds "No sulphate surfactants". Okay then?
I'm not actually entirely sure what that means. Anyone?
To me it sounds like "None of this!*" "*Uh, well, none of this but yea, totally a lot of another kind of this..."

It also says "Respects hair fibre". Well, isn't that nice?
Again: What does that mean?



I'm about to give you all of my money
And all I'm askin' in return, honey
Is to make my hair nice



COSDNA actually agrees with the claims and spits out a nice ingredient analysis.
Two UV-protection ingredients, only a single acne and irritation-warning and except for the second to last ingredient, everything is in yellow or green for safety.
Not bad at all!


Now for the bad news: The smell and the feel.
The smell is fairly accurately like glue. On the front, it brags about botanical oils: rosemary and peppermint.
Why couldn't it smell like that instead?
Yuck.
I'm all for keeping away from unnecessary fragrances, but this product could seriously have used some.

Also, the texture is really odd. Like glue.
It seems to have a rather drying effect on my hair too. Like it sucks the moisture out of it and makes it dry faster.

I'm not really sure what to make of this product.

2 comments:

  1. I had used something from this line as well and it dried my ends out so badly, and it was alleging to soften ends, I returned it. I was not happy with that line from Loreal. The smell wasn't the problem for me, it was the drying out when it was supposed to help soften hair....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moisturize is what I meant to say. I'm still thawing out from coming home from the barn....

      Delete