Tuesday 1 October 2019

BFRB week

BFRB Awareness Week

As you all probably know, I suffer from Dermotillomania, so happy body-focussed repetative behavior week to everyone! Let's spread awareness.


9 Tips for Managing a Body-Focused Repetitive Behavior From People Who Have Them
Before I Ruin Myself
BFRB.org
Body-focused repetitive behavior
Body Focused Repetitive Behaviours
Body-Focused Repetitive Behaviours: the complex disorders that are more common than you think
Derma support network
Dermatillomania: meet the people who can’t stop skin picking
Diary of a skin picker
Excoriation disorder
How I'm Living With a Skin Picking Disorder
Inside the Nightmarish Body Habit Disorders That Affect 'One in 50 People'
Reality just hit
Skin picking support

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. I guess I never thanked you for raising awareness to this - it was an eye-opening blog post by year, several years ago, that finally gave a name to my constant need to pick on my skin or scratch my scalp.
    My mum often tells me to just stop it, but obviously, it's not that easy! A good rule I recently read about is to keep your face at least 6 inches away from a mirror. I have to say, this tip is great, as looking at my face very closely in a mirror leads to an age-long sessions of picking and I usually look terrible after for quite some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to hear that!
      Well, not happy you have it, but happy you found it and you're not alone!
      Ugh, my mum always acted like I did it on purpose just to annoy her and of course that just made me so much more anxious and self aware about it, which made me want to pick even more.
      Really happy you found a tip that works for you <3 big hug!!

      Delete