Sunday 26 November 2017

Hairstyle planner

I continue to be short on time in my life. 
Maybe I'll go into a bit more details on this in my next post...
Anyways. Something I find really nice is to make solid braid-base in the evenings that I can "re-use" for two different styles the next two days.
It saves me some time and effort in the morning.
The crazy thing about this? No one has ever been able to tell. Even when I press my colleagues for their opinion, no one has spotted anything "off" about my hair.
It's like a dirty little, totally awesome secret.
As long as I cycle my styles into obviously different styles, I guess no one can tell and everyone thinks I look well put together and professional.


Base: Horizontally split double braids
This one causes me a little trouble because it's hard to find the exact place to split it to make both braids equally thick. It's always higher up than I think. This one also works well with five-stranded braids.


Option 1: Double vertically stacked buns.
I always thought this style would be considered "childish", but so far I only got comments on how crazy it is I have two, "normal sized" buns.


Option 2: The Royal Bun.
This is a seriously good option for day two. The style "lifts" some of the short, face framing hairs up so they fall out. So it makes for a good "messy on purpose" style. A little leave in-conditioner to tame the short hairs and it looks great.


Alternative option: Bottom braid turned into a braided Nautilus bun, and top braid wrapped down and around. I just don't think this one is particularly cute though!


Alternative option: Top braid turned into a braided Nautilus bun, and bottom braid wrapped up and around. It gets a bit of a "lump" instead of the nice, flatness of the royal bun.


Base: Vertically split double braids
I really like this one. It's very comfortable on its own and something that looks more complicated than it is.


Option 1: Braided Chinese bun. 
This is a really good style for day one, because it benefits from being smooth and flyaway-free, so the details show well.


Option 2: Horizontal double buns.


Option 3: Partially or completely tucked under braids.
This is a really good style for day one, because it benefits from being smooth and flyaway-free, so the details show well.


Option 4: Crown wrap.
At times where "messy on purpose" is in style, this is a good option for day two. 


So maybe the perfectly planned updo cycle for a week of work would be:
  • Sunday evening: Wash followed with making vertically split double braids
  • Monday morning: Braided Chinese bun
  • Tuesday morning: Horizontal double buns
  • Tuesday evening: Wash followed with making horizontally split double braids
  • Wednesday morning: Double vertically stacked buns. 
  • Thursday morning: The Royal Bun
  • Thursday evening: Wash followed with making vertically split double braids
  • Friday morning: Partially or completely tucked under braids
  • Saturday morning: Crown wrap if needed

No comments:

Post a Comment