Monday 2 December 2019

December 2nd

The Lyko advent calendar has two hair product today: Kevin Murphy Hydrate Me Shampoo and Conditioner. So that's nice.

But. They. Are. So. Small. Barely sample size if you ask me. 40 ml each. Who would they be good for? I think I can do a nodosaurus with the rinse, and Mr Igor can use the shampoo for travelling. 


I hate that the official website doesn't have the full ingredient list, but only a bullshit one:
"Native to Australia’s Northern Territory, Kakadu Plum has the highest concentration of natural Vitamin C of any known plant. Helps smooth the surface of the hair to lock in the moisture.
An excellent emollient for adding moisture to the hair, Jojoba Esters help make the hair more resilient to tangles, and also help to prevent damage and split ends.
Shea Butter delivers moisture to dry or damaged hair from root to tip, and helps repair and protect against environmental stressors, dryness and brittleness. Quickly absorbing, this naturally beneficial butter, helps rehydrate the hair and scalp without clogging the cuticles.
High in Omega 6, Evening Primrose Oil hydrates and helps soften the hair. It contains Phospholipids that are hydrophilic, meaning they are moisture-loving and attracted to moisture."
Wow. So helpful. Not.
I mean, it's not unusual that companies do this and only post bullshit ingredient lists like this, but it really puts things in perspective when I just had Body Shop's banana mask from yesterday where the ingredient list was so easy to find. Nothing to hide there and full respect for any customer who has concerns about the ingredients.


I found the ingredient list on cultbeauty.
Kevin Murphy Hydrate Me Conditioner ingredient list
Water (Aqua) (Eau), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Chloride, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Biotin, Pyridoxine HCl, Terminalia Ferdinandiana Fruit Extract, Jojoba Esters, Undaria Pinnatifida Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Extract, Arctium Lappa Root Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Glycerin, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Amodimethicone, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethyl Palmitamine , Polyquaternium-7, Silicone, Quaterniuim-18, Trideceth-6, Trideceth-12, Cetrimonium Chloride, Alcohol Denat., Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid, Benzoic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Benzyl Benzoate

COSDNA gives it a pretty good analysis, but this ingredient list is just unnecessarily long. 43 ingredients. Not the record, but very close. Also, five (5!) extracts. But why? Is this why they don't want you to find the ingredient list?


The Schwarzkopf Christmas calendar had a small leave in conditioner spray. 50 ml. It's a pretty nice little travel size. It smells nice and clean. I will put this in my travel bag.


Schwarzkopf BC Bonacure Hyaluronic Moisture Kick Spray Conditioner ingredient list
Aqua (Water, Eau), Cyclomethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Steardimonium Hydroxproply Hydrolyzed Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Dimethylsilanol Hyaluronate, Dimethiconol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polyquaternium-16, Panthenol, Citric Acid, Parfum (Fragrance), Cetrimonium Chloride, Sodium Benzoate, Limonene, Phenoxyethanol


That's a really nice ingredient list! No acne or irritation points and all ingredients in yellow or green. I will definitely be using this, and I will buy this in a full size when I find it!


Speaking of travel. Today I was informed I will be going away for work after Christmas. I'm actually looking forward to it. I'll be staying in the same nice little Bed and Breakfast as last year, and there is something relaxing about being there. Just work, sleep and relaxing. No housework that needs to be done, no school stuff I didn't bring with me and no social obligations.

2 comments:

  1. I have this too and I think I prefer this to the Color Freeze--the pink spray. The pink spray is good, but it has a weird scent and my cat HATES it! She won't come near me if I've used it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, what is wrong with the color freeze line?? It. Smells. SO. Weird.

      Delete