Saturday 17 April 2021

Blogging from A to Z challenge: O is for Oils

#AtoZChallenge 2021 April Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter O 

Yesterday I wrote a whole lot about Nightblooming and how I'm generally not big on DIY or kitchen witching. It also extends to using oils in general.
It's weird, because using oils seems to be such a must, or even the norm among super long hairs. But nope, I never really got into it.

I have a few oils I always keep at hand, but I'm not really good at making it a routine to use them.
I have a bottle of hemp oil at my massage therapists place instead of using her standard oil, but that's about how much routine my oil usage is.

For skin I always have: Argan and hemp oil. 

Hemp oil has a bit of a special place in my heart: Many years ago, I was outside on a hot summer day in some new slippers. I don't know how or why, but it was like the slippers caused a chemical burn or something on the bottom of my feet. I have never experienced that before or after. It hurt and burned! No matter what I did with cold water and creams, it just kept burning. I whined on LHC and someone recommended hemp oil. Hemp oil soothed the pain immediately! Since then, I've always had hemp oil at hand, but I haven't figured out a routine with it.

For hair: Coconut oil, argan oil and Nightbloomings Jasmine Green Tea mister.

Coconut oil has some solid science behind it as being good for hair, but unfortunately it immediately clogs up my pores, so I need to be very careful to keep it away from my skin.
Argan oil is generally good for both skin and hair.
The Jasmine Green Tea mister just smells really nice and is good for keeping my ends from drying up when I braid it or put it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment