Tuesday 16 August 2011

More personality in a blog?

Lately I’ve been reading a lot of blogs from all sorts of different people and with different focus on their blog. One thing I have noticed is that those who show their personality and blog about their more personal stuff are definitely my favourites. The personal angle makes everything more interesting. Maybe that’s just my own weird observation?

So… How do I add more personality to my blog? I know technically I blog about *my* hair, but it feels more general then personal when I do. A lot of times I have weird little thoughts about hair and stuff that I don’t add to the blog because it feels silly. But maybe those weird little thoughts are what makes it more personal?

Maybe adding this little “thinking out loud” post is what adds more personality to my blog? Or is it maybe just attention-whoring to ask what people think?

So... What do you all think?

7 comments:

  1. Well, I don't know if I'm the right person to comment, but here are my two cents.

    I've been reading your blog for some time now, and I think it's personal. It definitely reflects your personality, especially humorous articles like the recent "If your guy...". Your well-thought and well-written posts are a category of their own, and it's refreshing to see such eloquence :)
    I'm partial to your posts about hairstyles, though. They're a great inspiration for me, and add to the personal aspect of the blog too.

    It's your blog, you can do as you please. If you want to add more musings, I'm looking forward to them ;) It's not attention seeking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree I prefer blogs with personal content, but I think you have that. But I think adding the occasional "thinking out loud" post would be fun. You could try it for a while and see how it feels to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like silly little thoughts (which is lucky cause I have a lot of them myself) My advice would be, just write about whatever crosses your mind, be it silly or not :)

    Speaking of advice,I hope I can ask you for some. You once mentioned on LHC that you bought your cassia in a Life boutique in Lund, was that by any chance the one in Novalund which has now closed down? Cause when I ask in Life boutiques they basically just look at me funny so now I'm ordering it from "helena's henna" but that's kind of expensive... Where do you buy yours?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I found it in Life butiken on Klostergaten 8, which is a tiny, tiny little store, sandwiched between Expert and Elkedjan. Klostergaten is the street that starts approximately across from Domkyrkan. They don’t have a lot of things, but they do have cassia! (It’s sold as “uncoloured henna” but whatever…) If my memory doesn’t fail me, it’s near the cash register on the right side. I also buy my coconut oil in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I would like to see more every day/random stuff. I think those "set up" pictures can be a bit sterile or something. Like picture after picture of the best shot of the set of the perfect up do. Maybe some more random shots of conditioner of the day or little hair purchase of the day, you know?

    ReplyDelete