Saturday 20 August 2011

Random thought of the day

Messing around “behind the scenes” in my blog can be quite amusing and a little bit scary!

Under “referring sites” I had hits from www.jobsforsmartpeople.com/, http://www.unlockiphone.com/  and www.moredietplan.com. One word: “Wha…?”

Under “search keywords”:

"what type of hijabs do the anime people use?"
I know I’m not the most eager anime-viewer in the world, but does anyone in anime wear hijabi ever? I mean, you wouldn’t want to cover up the bright blue hair and crazy gravity-defying style, would you? Well, at least not in Japan I guess. Indonesia maybe? Do they make anime there?

"igor s if you be my girl"


"fake ponytails"
How did that even lead to my blog? I haven’t worn a ponytail in… 6 years? (I might as well leave it loose. It would get tangled in everything!)

"longhair bun tail shiny hijab"
This one makes me think the Googler forgot to hit enter between 3 different searches. I mean, I can’t even imagine what result they had hoped to get out from this search mash-up?

"smurf pictures and names"
"how to draw a smurf"
This one took me a few minutes to figure out: The Sexysmurf lead the Googler here. Wow, someone was disappointed in Google that day.

” extremely sick from overdose of biotin”
Well, duh.
I’m thinking two things here:
  1. It’s unbelievable that people think you can’t get a bad reaction from something because “It’s natural!” So are wasps and pollen and yet people have severe allergic reactions or even die from that every year.
  2. It’s unbelievable that people can be so stupid they think they are much smarter than the professionals who studied vitamins for decades and came up with the recommendations on dosage. But maybe they just think some bald, jealous doctor wants to spoil their chances of growing a healthy head of hair? It’s probably the same type of idiot who also thinks speed limits are just there to ruin their fun instead of keeping them, and people around them safe.


But hey, this is a pet peeve of mine. Guess I have spent too much time and energy trying to educate stupid people on LHC who think I just want to keep them from growing better hair than me!

3 comments:

  1. ?? Mind-boggling stuff. Really, I don't understand how your blog could have popped up in those searches. But your commentary is priceless! (I'm chuckling right now as I type this.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am getting like 14ish jobs-for-smart-people.com url referrals a day. Ya think they are just trying to get us to print their url all over the web trying to figure out why they are on our blogs? Like I am doing now!!!
    Not a terrible idea I guess, huh...

    ReplyDelete