Thursday 19 December 2019

December 19th


Huh. Yesterday I commented on how nice it was that the Schwarzkopf calendar would give the products in the same line close together. Today I got a BC Bonacure Peptide Repair leave in conditioner, which is from the same line where I got a shampoo and a treatment from back on December 9th and 10th.
I mean, I'm obviously happy with getting a leave in conditioner! But why not give this on the 11th so it would go with the rest of the Peptide Repair line?


Schwarzkopf Peptide Repair Rescue Sealed Ends ingredient list
Water, Cyclomethicone, Dimethiconol, Behenoyl PG-Trimonium Chloride, Laureth-4, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Amodimethicone/Morpholinomethyl Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Steardimonium Hydroxypropyl, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Linalool, Citric Acid, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Trideceth-5, Geraniol, Benzyl Alcohol, Coumarin, Citronellol


Today's hair is the pinless wrapunder bun.


It's very comfortable and has a really nice structure and silhouette to it.


I think I have found the historical copy of this updo.
Although I can't find the excact name for it, it was featured in Godey's Lady's Book in 1860, so a Victorian hairstyle. The principle looks to be the same of tucking the braids up under themselves, with the only difference is in the historical version being French braid-based.
While trying to find more information on this, I stumbled upon a really cool blog with plenty of historical hair care and historical hairstyles, so I'm sharing the links.

2 comments:

  1. That updo looks very nice on you, I like that you can see a bit of it from the front even!

    If you like historical sewing and styles, you might want to check out loepsie.com . She's a lovely Dutch girl with a blog and a Youtube channel, showing regular hair styles, but also often shows how do to period styles. Maybe you even remember her from early LHC, she used to be on there, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know her! Her blog is in my bookmarks! :) She is really talented and dedicated. Seriously impressive :) Hm, I don't remember her from LHC but she might have been there before me?

      Delete