Tuesday 10 January 2012

Arginine

Took a detour to H&M on the way to the gym. I meant to pick up a few things: Cotton pads of the large kind since I have a weird aversion to the smaller ones and new eyelash colour since my “old” one seemed strangely non colouring the last time I used it. Can dye lose its colouring ability? Hmm?
They had an Elvital conditioner on sale that I’ve never seen before: Arginine resist x3.
The last couple of years I haven’t used Elvital a lot. They seem to aim for slightly higher prices than most “supermarket” brands and that makes me not pick them up unless they’re on sale.
Why would I use a conditioner for 40 kronor when one for 20 washes and conditions just as well?

Hah: Having long hair has made me really cheap!

It was 49,50 and down to 19,50 so I picked it up just to try. The ingredient list looked alright: Glycerine high on the list, some cones, protein high on the list, followed by arginine and ending with a lot of ingredients I could recognise the name of but not remember what was exactly.
But what was with the arginine? All I could remember about it was that it was an amino acid, so… Protein.
   
     
Once I came home I Googled for it but didn’t have much luck in getting the information I wanted. All I could tell after trawling through page after page was that it’s a kind of wunderkind to hair loss promising to promote circulation and stimulate growth hormones. Hmm. In that case I guess the claim of “Nourishes the hair root!” isn’t quite as “Hah!!”-inducing as I first thought?
 
The whole time I kept having a feeling of déjà vu. Like I should recognise the dramatic black bottle. That I had seen it before. A very persistent feeling that wouldn’t go away.
I “thumbed” aimlessly through my blog hoping something would spark my memory and sure enough: Here.
What do you all think?
  • An unusual black bottle (Did they run out of the cutesy plastic dye at the plant?)
  • Highly contrasting pink/gold details
  • Unusually hair science specific ingredients
I really should run the low risk of my hair disliking this one and stock up on it…

1 comment:

  1. I know you're been considering getting a satin sleep cap so I thought I'd give you a review for mine.

    First off the slippery part of the satin is on the outside of the sleep cap so it won't touch your skin. The bad news is that it hurts my ears a little because of the elastic.

    Here's a link to the one I got, I believe they ship worldwide: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Satin-Hair-Bonnet-Night-Sleep-Cap-Large-Size-/370574373403?pt=US_Hats&hash=item5647f4321b#ht_1816wt_939

    ReplyDelete