Sunday 19 July 2020

Shoelace bun


At my last attempt of the braided log roll, I had one more thought I wanted to try: Instead of using a hairstick to create a "scaffold", how about just using the Dutch braids themselves to weave the braids through?


And holy crap!


This looks awesome!
I haven't been this impressed by an updo since I got the rope braids to work for me.


This updo (I guess you can't really call it a bun?) looks so much more complicated than it is. It was very flat and super comfortable. A win all around!
I guess the only problem is, you need a lot of length to create this. I'd say knee length minimum.


I really thought I was onto something new, but after some digging, I found another blogger who have created this before (Well, more or less since she makes a weird detail when she starts the braids) Even under the same name. I was very disappointed by this.


I did however feel so inspired and enthusiastic after this, that I'm considering making a series on updo videos for practical updos for long hair: Updos that actually looks different and is worth your time to create.

2 comments:

  1. Holy moly, this is awesome!I have no clue how long it takes you to do that, but please, keep that in your updo rotation, it's so beautiful.
    And a total +1 from me on creating the updo series, I really liked the mini clips you included here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am annoyingly smug over how much I like this one, lol
      I think I can do the updo itslef (minus the base braids) in like 5 minutes, so it's not bad time wise either
      Alright, I will make an updo series then ;)

      Delete