Thursday 24 December 2020

December 24th

And one last styling product from the Schwarzkopf Christmas calendar. 
I sat down to write this post to complain about this being, first of all, a styling product and second of all, a sad 8 gram of product. That's 0,2 ounces for my non metric readers.

But googling for the ingredient list showed me that not only is this the full-size product, it is also shockingly expensive for such a tiny little product. Like, shockingly expensive. 
The cheapest I found was 160 SEK, which is 15,6 Euro, 15,2 £, 18,9 $ and 24,1 Canadian dollar. Damn.

So I guess they intended to end this on a high not, with a real Christmas gift that would have been a treat to anyone but a niche customer like me?

Schwarzkopf OSiS+ Session Label Powder Cloud
Aqua (Water, Eau), Glycerin, Silica Silylate, Mica, Pumice, Sodium Benzoate, Parfum (Fragrance), Citric Acid, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicaylate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Citronellol, Benzyl Alcohol, Eugenol, CI77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide).

3 comments:

  1. I googled this thing as I didn't know what it was from the name (which, to me is a no-go. If I can't infer from the product name what I'm supposed to do with it, the marketing people need to go back and do a better job).
    Apparently you apply this near you scalp for "texture", you probably don't need much and therefore this pitiful bottle is the full size. Maybe it helps if you want to tease the hair or similar. I didn't quite get it, even after google. And just from looking at the ingredients I know that it would make my scalp itch very badly.


    I'm not sure I could be as brave as you and order the advent calendars every year. They're fun (in theory), but I often find the products in there really not worth it, too much of it is stuff I'd never buy, not even for trying it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huh. That is an amazingly good rule of thumb. Seriously! (I might have to steal that, lol)
      That makes sense though... I think some years back there was this whole thing with products for creating "second day hair" was trending. Because, you know, you should mimic not-clean-not-yet-dirty hair for texture, or something? This sounds a lot like that to me... Meh, it's not for me.
      Oh, I agree! Haha. So it seems weird I get some every year. But dunno, as long as I approach them with a "fun to try" idea, it's all good. But I do have a LOT of it going to friends....

      Delete
    2. Hahah, please feel free to use it!
      It's really just my laziness coming through, as I don't want to spend time trying to figure out how to use a product. If I've no clue what something is I'm pretty sure that I also don't need it. I might miss out on a lot of stuff that way though.

      Delete