Thursday 3 December 2020

December 3rd

It's funny: I sort of fell out of the habit of wearing my Flexies. 

But Longhair Carolyn reminded me on my Instagram that they were having a Black Friday sale, so I have placed an order, and it reminded me that I have a bunch of Flexies already. Funny how you can sort of just forget about stuff.

 

Braided Nautilus bun made with a five stranded braid started as a three stranded braid for the base.


Held with a soaring butterfly Flexi 8.


The Schwarzkopf advent calendar had a styling product: OSiS Long Hair Soft Texture.
This appears to be a dry conditioner (?) with light hold. I've never heard of a dry conditioner before. Anyone?

After some Googling, this is the best description I found:
In addition to the successful dry shampoos, there are now also dry conditioners. These products share the same principle but in the conditioning form. Schwarzkopf Osis Soft Texture Dry Conditioner is such a dry conditioner. This special product has many fine properties. It is a multifunctional product that provides a silky feel. The dry conditioner detangles the hair and also provides a great shine. After using the product, the hair is easy to comb through. The dry conditioner is suitable for people with difficult-to-handle hair. The spray ensures a very smooth hair surface. The product also has a moisturizing effect that makes the hair look healthy and radiant again. Finally, the product is silicone-free.

Schwarzkopf Osis Soft Texture Dry Conditioner specifications:
  • Dry conditioner
  • Multifunctional
  • Ensures silky soft hair
  • Gives a great shine to the hair
  • Detangles the hair
  • Makes the hair easy to comb
  • Hydrating effect
  • Silicone free
  • Schwarzkopf Osis Soft Texture Dry Conditioner use:
  • Spray the conditioner 15-20 centimeters away
  • Spread evenly over the hair
  • Comb the hair well
  • Bring the hair into the desired model
  • Do not rinse

Which... Doesn't really help me a lot with understanding what I'm supposed to do with this product? One thing is how it's "supposed" to be used, another thing is how I can use it on my super long hair and the braids and updos I do. I guess I should use it as my regular leave in conditioners, just on dry hair? Or maybe I can just spray it over my hair as I see fit?

2 comments:

  1. Never heard of this - but I'd probably try it to tame flyaways or to give the hair some extra protection when it's really cold outside. Like, spraying it on, putting the hair up, covering up and you'll have nicely hydrated hair, maybe even with a little bit of a heat-cap effect while out and about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That actually makes sense. I just tried it like that, and it does seem to have a little bit of... Dunno, not really hold, but more like stickiness? to it. I guess it would also work well for keeping hat hair down like that, since it wouldn't be so nice to add a wet product under a hat?

      Delete