Saturday 27 March 2021

Today's hair


I put my hair in three braids to use for buns for the next days. It's funny how difficult it is to split it accurately?
Ears and down adds up pretty precisely to one third of my total hair volume, so that was easy.
But splitting the rest in two of equal thickness was a lot harder! The very crown part of my scalp grows the thickest/coarsest and densest hair, so it took me a lot of tries to get it close enough for my liking.
I ended up "cutting" the back end of the parting short for the top braid, and then "combing over" the hair. Does that make sense?
The middle braid still got noticeably thinner though...


It's funny how big colour difference there is in my hair!
I haven't done any cassia/henna in a very long time (I think like half a year?) and yet my hair looks unusually red. Today it showed up as being very ginger and the last conditioning/wash I did was with Shea Butter for Natural Hair Deep Treatment Masque that I got some weeks back, which shouldn't affect my colour in any way?


One thing I really find amusing is spotting my braid showing between my legs.
And yes, I just realized how much I need to clean the mirror!

2 comments:

  1. I think your braids are beautifully done, especially the Nautili bun. I hav long hair, though Never as long as yours. I love braiding but not being very good at this, I just do the simple plaits. I am quite amazed at your long hair braided right till the ends, GREAT job

    ReplyDelete