Monday 6 October 2014

The henna project, day 2


3 freshly washed clumps of shed hair shampooed and ready for experimentation!
(Argh, the kitchen counter is such a pain to photograph on. Hygienic sure, but so annoying for photos. Not going to play around with henna on the white kitchen table though!)
I wish I could have bothered to comb and organise my shed hairs when I collected them! But this will have to do.

I left the frozen henna out to defrost. It was such a small amount that I started messing with it after just half an hour or so.


The tiny amounts of henna and cassia I needed made me nervous that my scale wouldn’t be accurate enough, but there were 80 gram left in the cassia pack after I had poured cassia out. Phew!



The mix turned out to be way, way too hard though. So I added extra conditioner and water or argan oil.
So the mixes ended up being:

Actual Argan-test batch
1 ml henna
10 gram cassia
40 ml Tressemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture conditioner
10 ml argan oil
3 ml water

Actual regular test batch
1 ml henna
10 gram cassia
40 ml Tressemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture conditioner
5 ml water


The mixes ready to go


Applied to the test strands and left for 4 hours. “A” of course marks the argan-batch.

Rinsed the tests clean and left them to dry. I think the gentlest thing would be to CO wash the henna out once I get to do my hair?
Purple elastic marks the argan batch, white one marks the non-argan.

Can’t say I see a big difference. Maybe the argan one is ever so slightly more glossy and red?

No comments:

Post a Comment