Monday 23 November 2015

Etude House Hair Tools Bangs Cut Kit

Time to take a closer look at this thing...


First impression: I like the package. Pink and pretty, but not annoyingly so.


The back has instructions in Korean and picture instructions: Put clip in, make sure it's level, adjust clip and cut.


The scissor has a funny, patterned edge. I assume this is for specialized bangs-trimming? I guess bangs shouldn't be 100% straight or they will be flat, maybe?
So this is some sort of fancy bangs-scissor?
I'll stick with my beautiful Jaguar Heart-breaker though!
Maybe Etude Houses scissor will be good for trimming my fake bangs some day? (Totally overdue on the project of adjusting those!)


The clip itself is a little over 16 cm long.
The spirit level is the classic tubular kind with what looks like a fairly good accuracy.


It has little teeth inside.The teeth seems to be fairly hairfriendly and smooth, but there are some ugly edges in some places.


Side view of it. It looks pretty cheaply done where the two parts are put together. But since this doesn't come into contact with my hair, maybe I shouldn't really care?


Now, here's the problem.
The clasp-part isn't easy to close. It actually takes some strength and was difficult to do with one hand.
I think this could actually be a problem, because you would want the closing-mechanism that fixates it to your hair to be fairly easy to work, right? You would want to hold it in the approximate place with one hand, and close it with the other, right?
It's not like the clip is so heavy that it requires force to keep it on the hair...

No comments:

Post a Comment