Thursday 5 March 2020

Protective updos

Fuerteventura was very windy and constantly sunny, so my hair spent most of the time in protective buns covered in SPF

 

Which made it really, really shiny in the morning...



But the stickiness of the SPF really attracted all the dust in the air, so it got dull and dirty looking after a few hours!


When we went to the beach or pool, or went for trips around to see the island, I ended up covering it a lot. A silk scarf alone was was too slippery on my hair!


The best way turned out to be to layering two cotton scarves or a pre-tied tichel to provide some grip.

 

I liked the "wrap" detail in the front of this style.


I experimented with ways to flatten my bun underneath, but usually that just ended up with weird lumps...



I liked this particular style the best where it had a "headband" in the front and a "loop" around the bun in the back. It provided the best stability of all the styles.




Even though I was really careful, I still think my hair lost some colour over the vacation...

2 comments:

  1. I really like the look with two wraps! Do you know these stretchy Buff scarves? I used one on my past vacation to protect myself from sunstroke and cover the hair and found them very good for it. Not sure whether your bun would fit under though, my hair is only APL these days, but it was waist length during the vacation.

    I tend to think that this loss of hair color might actually be more a loss of contrast between my skin tone and hair. I've light skin and my hair is a tad darker than yours. When I catch a hint of color on my face after some days with sun that contrast I'm used to looks off. It goes back to normal though after some weeks, hence me thinking that it's my skin and not my hair.
    Or I just got used to it.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Oh yes, I have seen those a few times, but never actually thought of getting one. Not actually sure why I never thought of it? I just checked out their Swedish website and they claim SPF 50 for most of those tubular multifunctional Buffs, just what I would want to protect my hair! I have no idea how or if I could fit my bun+head in one, but it would be worth experimenting with. Thank you for getting me to check this out again! *hugs*

      LOL you might be on to something there.... XD

      Delete