Thursday 17 November 2011

Stupid scalp…

Well, the flakes aren’t getting better and I feel pretty confused about it. My scalp is really itchy and flakes keeps coming off when I scratch it. I was talking to hubby about it and we both assume it’s the dry air inside. Hubby has always been prone to nosebleeds and he has been getting them a lot more often the last few weeks.
We’re discussing getting a humidifier, see if that helps and I’m going to do a cassia scrub tonight. Anyone else have any suggestions to flaky scalp?

In the meantime, here is a very charming picture of the snow landscape that has become my head…

3 comments:

  1. I would say that if dryness is what's causing this you could try an overnight scalp oiling or something to that effect.

    Flaky scalp sucks. I'm sorry this is happening to you. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it's dandruff, you could use tea tree oil--it's a natural remedy that kills the fungus. If it's dry scalp, I think there are herbal remedies.

    I am currently using Head and Shoulders smooth and Silky shampoo and I can't get over the difference in my scalp! Since I always had greasy hair, I think I was over-killing it. Now, I have no itchies or flakes. And my hair always feels freshly cleaned and it's got a ton of body/not lanky.

    I would wonder if the conditioner would help you do a CO wash? I just know zinc is healing and not sure if zinc is in the conditioner, but it might be?

    If not, would a health food store sell tea tree oil you could add to your conditioner and see if that helps--remember to leave it on your scalp for a spell before rinsing.

    And yep, you need a humidifier--I used to get nose bleeds a lot as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got a problem with my scalp too, but since this post of yours is a bit old, I won't write a huge essay with advice :)

    I just wanted to say that... your hair is so unbelievably smooth! :) I have constant frizz, no matter what I do.

    ReplyDelete