Saturday 13 April 2013

My gift to myself


After trying in various ways to motivate and reward myself for going to the gym, I have come to the conclusion that I simply don’t like going.
Hmm.
Part of the issue is that amount of transportation it requires. Not very motivating when I spend almost as much time on getting there than on a lifting-session.
Then I tried running again, thinking it would work when I just have to change clothes and shoes and get out the door. Also didn’t work: My ankle is still pretty shot.
I would really like to exercise, but I need to find something I enjoy and don’t get irritated with.
(Funnily I find it a lot better as motivation to know that “It’s good for your hair and skin!!” than “It will lover your blood pressure and boost your immune system and statistically it will lover your risk of diabetes, osteoporosis, cancer, apoplexy…”)

So, now I’m trying with this thing:


I haven’t even owned a bike for a couple of years, but I used to love mountain biking. 

2 comments:

  1. Next post - hairstyles to wear under a bike helmet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gossamer beat me to it. Also must be very careful length does not escape and find its way into mechanism.
    (Very cool bike, we definitely need pic of you riding!)

    ReplyDelete