Saturday 10 January 2015

Opportunities

I have been given the opportunity to get stationed (For the lack of better word!) at an awesome workplace again. I absolutely loved it there the last time and it looked so awesome on my CV!
I’m 99% sure I will accept it.

Pros
  • Free gym (and a good one!), literally a stones throw from my living quarters
  • Good options for doing some yoga in the evening
  • It was surprisingly easy work compared to how difficult it’s regarded to be. Of course I will be in a different department this time should I accept, so it might live up to its reputation there
  • Living quarters are a stones throw the other direction from my living quarters
  • Looks good on my CV
  • Nice little village a bit away
  • Will give me plenty of time to work on other projects


Not really a pro or a con, but still funny: My family has strong ties to the area. The local museum basically has a wing about my great-grandfather and great-great-grandfather and their family business.
I’m thinking I will go visit them and ask if I can help dig up some stuff from my late grandfather that will make the exhibits a little more fun for visitors.

Cons
  • I can’t bring Hubby with me, so we will probably only see each other every other weekend or even less
  • It’s 20 weeks this time
  • The #%&@ signal issue


Seriously, the signal issue is a huge pain in the ass. The living quarters don’t have wired connections and the last time I was there, I couldn’t keep my wireless internet going at all. To make a phone call I can to stand in one specific corner of the top floor or the call would be dropped.
Either that or go in one of the office buildings and use one of the cabled connections.
Nothing wireless works there.

Despite the cons, I can see myself having a good stay there:
  • I would go home for an extended weekend every other week or so.
  • I would be closer to work #2 from the location than from home, so I could put more time and effort into it.
  • I could put in some serious me-time: Get a good routine going with proper bedtime, gym, healthy eating, fresh air and putting an effort into my skin and hair.


It would be like a project healthy hair 2012.

My routine would be something like:
  • Getting up, getting dressed. Glass of water with supplements.
  • Drinking my morning coffee and having a drinking-yoghurt at the morning meeting.
  • Work. Having a sports bottle with water at my table. Try to empty it during the day.
  • Healthy lunch consisting of salad. Supplements.
  • Work. Having a sports bottle with water at my table.
  • Going to the gym.
  • Protein shake or protein drink.
  • Post gym shower. Wash hair/deep condition hair.
  • Doing the Korean skincare routine if I’m just going to be in my quarters for the rest of the evening.
  • Work #2 from my own desk, studying or working on stuff I want to write for the blog.
  • Going to bed at a decent hour and getting plenty of sleep


It would actually be really good for me. Hmm.

I probably wouldn’t be able to actually blog a lot, but I could gather up some good material for it. 

2 comments:

  1. I seriously am curious about what you do for a living--sounds like you do contract work--that's hard but also fun (being away from hubby/but doing what you love).
    Best of luck to you and I hope all goes well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, sorry :) Can't tell. I would be super easy to find and you know, internet safety and all... But if things go as I think they will, I will soon exchange job #2 for something awesome I can actually talk about :)

    ReplyDelete