Sunday, 25 October 2015

Project Paranda part 2

Continued from yesterday..

First of all, here is why the purple extensions don't really work for me.

Good colour for me
Even a good tone
The texture of the fibers aren't too far off from my natural hair

Well... This.Stupid lumpy, scrathy plastic lump to keep the fibers collected.
I'm guessing it's supposed to be one of those extension-types that are supposed to be welded onto your hair or something?

It makes a big "lump" in my hair and even though the plastic is curved so you would think it could fit perfectly around a strand of hair, it doesn't. It works itself out of my braid in a matter of hours and looks really stupid. Bleh.

My tools for the project
Scissor (Regular one, not my extensive S&D one!)
Glass of small silicone elastics
My idea-sketch
Improvised braid-holder
TonyMoly leave in conditioner (Offers too much hold and texture for my hair and ends up tangling it instead, so I figured it would be perfect for this)
And naturally the purple extensions

Setting up the structure. Using plenty of the leave in conditioner to keep it gathered.

The finished result. And... I'm not pleased with it.
No matter how much I messed around with the little extension-pieces, I would get some "chunks" coming out of the braids.
It looked worse in real life than the photo shows!
So I figured the only way to get out of that effect, would be to make a more linear "Paranda" where I add more and more pieces and cut it off before the first pieces pops out. So, more of a traditional Paranda where it ends up taking over the braid and the ends are Paranda only.

So wie man plant und denkt...


Tried to braid one of the strands differently.
Decided I liked that better, even though it means a lot of wasted length....

All 3 strands done differently. It got so short!

Cleaned the ends up a bit. I'll try the "Paranda" tomorrow in a simple braid....

No comments:

Post a comment