Friday 28 January 2011

Cinnamon bun variation

Cinnamon buns had a very short span where they worked for me. Until I hit waist length, they never had that self-stabilising effect and had to be very tight and uncomfortable, or had to have added length from fake hair or a scarf. Then after hip length, they started to unravel and lost the stability for me and I had to braid them to make it stay. It seems to be very common to experience that according to the blogs

Anyways. Strangely enough I woke up with this idea in my head this morning. I don’t think I have ever seen this cinnabun variation anywhere, so here goes…

Put hair in a ponytail and secure with an elastic
Separate the tail in two
Poke a hair stick through like with a Chinese bun (Now in 20/20 hindsight I should have put it through the elastic, but this was my first try)


Grab one half of the tail and start twisting it, then coiling it like with a normal cinnamon bun
I made one coil, but I can imagine half a coil or 1½ might work for other people. As mentioned, this is my first attempt so I still need to experiment


Bring the other half of the tail into the coiled half
Twist the tail together and coil like usual
Poke second hair stick through to secure
I think this could look more flawless and rounder than this. But this was my first try and I had to stop to take pictures while making it, so that of course ruins the flow



I like the result though. Even with having to take pictures, it was a quick up do and it feels very stabile and comfortable

No comments:

Post a Comment