Saturday 24 April 2021

Blogging from A to Z challenge: U is for Updos

#AtoZChallenge 2021 April Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter U

U is for updos. The very reason I grew my hair long to begin with. 

I never understood the reason anyone would grow their hair long and then either just leave it down all the time, or always wear the same thing. Long hair is the material for cool, fun and creative updos in my book, not something that should be long for the sake of length. 

When I first started growing my hair out, I just wanted to be able to make a simple ponytail. Then I reached flip/shoulder length and could do that, and I wanted more length to do a braid. Then I reached below shoulder length and could do that, and I wanted more length to do a cinnamon bun. Then I reached bra strap length and could do that, and I wanted more length to do a Chinese bun. Then I reached waist length and could do that, and I wanted more length to do a knotty bun. And etc, etc...

Wanting to do cool updos have been my drive for growing my hair long.

October last year I did a video series about updo (methods) for very long hair:


















I also did the 29 hairdos in February challenge last year and this is what I did back then:
Braided Chinese bun
Braided Chinese bun/infinity variation
Braided cinnamon bun
Braided headband and Chinese bun combo
Braided Nautilus bun
Chinese bun
Cinnaknot bun
Crown wrap
Double braided buns
Double braided Chinese buns
Double braided Nautilus buns
Double figure 8 buns
Double Nautilus bun
Ellingwoman/Nautilus hybrid
Figure 8 bun
Four small braided cinnamon buns
Igor's mess
Infinity bun
Mega royal bun
Mickey mouse ears
Nautilus bun
Overhand knot bun
Rope bun


And that is just covering the bunned updos, mostly excluding the variants. I'm also usually excluding things I've done for fun but don't find particularly wearable for one reason or another like the updo of my twin Caroline von Holnstein that I messed around with a lot. A lotLike, reallyA lotA real lotA lot. Well, you get the point.

As for braids, also excluding details and variants
Double Dutch three stranded braids split vertically
Double three stranded braids split horizontally
Double three stranded French braids horizontally
Eight three stranded braids
Four three stranded braids
Single five stranded English braid
Single seven stranded Dutch braid with a five strand base
Single three stranded French braid
Single three stranded Dutch braid
Single three stranded English braid
Three three stranded braids split horizontally

3 comments:

  1. Ida you are truly a stalwart / icon in the long hair community!

    ReplyDelete
  2. video editor recommendation: minitool movie maker. https://minitool-moviemaker.en.uptodown.com/windows or https://moviemaker.minitool.com/

    ReplyDelete